Host: Anti-Aging Psychologist Dr. Michael Brickey
Guest: Dr. Ruthann Russo
Broadcast and podcast on webtalkradio.net. The podcast is also on the links below
What you don’t know about healthcare can hurt you, even kill you. What if you knew how to get your doctor to focus on your goals, get the information you need from your doctor, and enjoy the process as well? What if you knew a little karate for getting specialists, hospitals, and nursing homes to do what they are supposed to do and share information with you? Would you like to know how to comprehend all those EOBs, bills, and statements? How about not paying $2 for an aspirin at a hospital? Would you like to know how to organize your medical records so you have the information when you need it and can even give it to your doctor?
Dr. Ruthann Russo teaches physicians and hospitals how to keep better records and provide better services. She teaches consumers how to navigate our disease care system to get the services they need. Her credentials include a Master’s degree in Public Health, a doctorate in Business Administration, and a law degree. Her brand new book is 7 Steps of Your Best Possible Healthcare. Her blog website is www.RuthannRusso.com
Resource websites mentioned on the show:
Joint Commission www.qualitycheck.org
American Bard of Medical Specialties www.abms.org
Compare hospitals www.vimo.com
Blood tests Dr. Brickey recommended everyone get at least once:
- homocystine –a common easily correctible cause of cardiovascular disease
- A1C –the best test to catch diabetes early
- iron –especially for men, make sure you don’t have too much (or too little)
- C-reactive protein –catches problems with inflamation early (inflamation is a leading contributor to cardiovascular diesease and many other diseases)
- VLDL –don’t settle for just total cholesterol, HDL and LDL level, the Very Low Density Lipids do the most damage.